Wednesday, August 29, 2012

#4 My View On Politics


I would say that my political views are liberal for the most part. People of any background should be given the opportunity to live a comfortable life, but at the same time I do not believe anyone should live with too much excess. Every person that has an overabundance of money(or property) means that someone else is living under a comfortable means as a result of it. I also believe that religion should not play into the government in the way it does. Most of the arguments against things like gay marriage and abortion are based off of religion which is supposed to be separated from the state.

I sadly don't really believe that a fully equal world will ever be possible because there will always be people obsessed with riches and also there will always be people who are easy to control. The people who are obsessed with the riches wont mind taking control of others for their own means. The best we will ever do is to try to decrease the size of that gap by trying to wake up some of the people who are willing to believe everything they hear.

Some of the ideas of anarchism in the way you described it also seemed like a good way to go about things, leadership where it is necessary but not leadership over everything someone could think of. Also the localization of leadership would make it easier to personally know the members of leadership as opposed to only know of them from what you hear through media. This would be especially true if bigger cities leadership was even split down to different districts instead of being run as a whole. I'm definitely interested in learning more about anarchism and not the rowdy teenagers looking to rebel against something that it is always portrayed as in the media.

1 comment:

  1. Clinton, if you are interested in learning more, feel free to talk to me about it....

    I don't think we need to make everyone equal, in fact I don't believe that is possible. I do believe that a society should be judged by how it treats its weakest (or minority) members.

    ReplyDelete